Weekends of Open Houses continue
Our realtor came by on Sunday, went through all of the details of learning what it takes to put in an offer. She left at 3:30 with the signed offer in hand and was going to head over to present to the selling agent. Unfortunately she wasn't able to reach him and when she finally did he said that he wasn't going to be able to find the seller this evening. So the plan was to present the offer Monday morning.
It was presented, the seller accepted all of the subjects and the only objection was to the price. We went in under asking and the seller was ready to sign it back to us at 1,000 under asking. Prepared to sign it and finish the deal, I waited for the paper work to appear in my inbox. I wait, waited and then heard that the selling agent has received a call and someone else wanted a second viewing. The seller decided not to sign it back to us but waited to get the second offer.
The other offer was for more than asking, and we went back offering a few thousand over the asking price, but it still wasn't as high as the other offer. So it was not meant to be.
It was a bit of an overwelming day as we waited to see if things were going to turn out. There is the sense of disappointment that we are moving into the next 'phase' being home-owners but I also have to believe that if it was the place we were suppose to be in, it would have happened. So we are back to the hunting, and there are some moments when you wonder if you are going to find what you are looking for. This is where you need to believe that persistence will pay off. We have seen a lot of houses in Vancouver ~ here's hoping we don't have to see them all before we find the right one!