Carrie's Adventures

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Wedding plans ~ we do have some options!

I know it may not seem that we have progressed very far with this, and perhaps compared other people we are significantly slower than others... however, I take solice in the fact that we have at least taken care of some of the bigger list items. For 2 non-planners, this is HUGE. As noted below, we are now encroaching the less than 100 days, and all I can say is that I cling to the notion that we do have a wedding planner!


So we do have the date, we do have the location for both the ceremony and the reception. Next big hurdle ~ the dress. I'm holding off until I get back to Ontario for my vacation and will go on a the hunt. I have managed to find a few warehouses in Toronto so I am hoping that this won't be an overly painful experience ~ but then again who knows. After trying on the dress with Liz in January and sweating like crazy, I know that I am going to need to go with something less 'fru-fru' ~ not that I'm heartbroken about that... Either way, I think that is going to be a blog entry all onto itself.


Other major item includes the photographer. Akis and I have been trying to do this over email and MSN messaging. Not sure this is the most efficient way of dealing with it, but hey this is what you got, so you go with it.


I have also become rather proficient with my internet searches. Needless to say I greatly appreciate the 'online' purchase factor, but I am a bit miffed at the 'customs brokerage fee' that was attached to the most recent purchase. Jeez.


I do have to thank Krista for offering her services receiving things, stuffing and posting things, not to mention the financing until I get back home... Definitely more involved trying to do this from a distance!


Anyway, needless to say, the day will come, the day will go ~ we hope that those who are able to join us have a great time. Here is a bit of a sneak peak at the reception hall...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home