Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

A sweet girl named Avery

For the past few weeks I have been following the blog of a sweet baby girl named Avery.  She was 5 months old when she was diagnosed with a disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy.  Most babies diagnosed with this disease do not make it past their second birthday.  With this diagnosis, Avery's parents decided that they would make the best of the time they had with her and opted to create a blog with her bucket list.

I enjoyed reading of her adventures and the strength of her parents.  Sadly Avery passed on April 30th.  I was saddened to hear of her passing but have been inspired by her and her parents.  Lessons I have learned include making the most of the time you have, people are what matters most and when you believe in something you can make a change in this world.  Despite being here for only a short time, Avery has taught many, including myself, about SMA.  Through this teaching, her following has been able to make substantial contributions to the funding for research.  While sad that she is no longer here, I am inspired by the change she and her parents have initiated and hope that one day a similar story will have a different outcome.

Avery's story is very touching ~ I hope you enjoy it.  Avery's Bucket List

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home