Carrie's Adventures

Sunday, September 10, 2006

Where have you been?

Well I guess that is a very good question. Things have been rather hectic and as a result I haven't felt much like writing. There were some good moments in the past 2 months ~ and I will still update these as there were some cool ports. I also had a visitor... yes, Akis came to stay for 2 weeks.

So what is the scoop... Let's see, I arrived back on CS and Manolis was already here. We have resumed our Mutt and Jeff show ~ with me in the lead and Manolis bringing up the rear and trying not to injure himself along the way. He was doing pretty well until he knocked his head on the EXIT sign in the mess and then left hair in deck storekeepers office. I tell you a helmet is going to become mandatory.

That's right, I have again taken on the Manager gig on Constellation. Although this time they don't have me moving part way through my contract. Things were going really well, not to many issues until last cruise. This is when it seemed if it could go wrong, it did. Needless to say, I have racked up 84hrs last week and that is almost what most people do in 2 weeks. No wonder I have been so bloody tired.

All I can say is that I am glad this didn't happen the previous cruise when Akis was here. Would have definitely put a damper on the visit. For the most part we went out in ports for coffee or something to eat ~ but Akis was adament that we go out in Russia. It was a bit touch and go with the Russian authorities as it took Akis about 30 minutes to convince them that he should be allowed out with his papers. All for a night at the Russian club!!

This cruise is a repositioning cruise ~ we are seeing some new ports which is quite exciting for me. Amsterdam, Brussels, and then some ports we have been to on the Norwegian cruise. After repositioning to North America, we will be doing a run up through Boston, Bar Harbour, Halifax and Quebec City. It should be beautiful, but maybe a bit chilly ~ either way, it is going to be a nice change.

Pictures to come, but I didn't want you to think I had fallen off the planet ~ I am here, just slow to write!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home