Carrie's Adventures

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Body work done by the newbies....

Being in desperate need of a hair cut, Krista phoned her Hair Salon and looked to book me an appointment. The girl that she regularly goes to is apparently getting rather popular as she has moved up the ranks from Jr. Stylist to Sr Hair Designer and all of her appointments are full! So that left me with a 'junior' option. It was just a cut and hey, if it goes horribly wrong, it will grow back, right???

The salon itself was very nice and after giving the details on how low maintenance the hairstyle must be ~ no blow drying, no curling, no more than 2 minutes work after getting out of the shower ~ we were ready to go. The cut itself has turned out to be quite good, however as one would expect with a Jr. position, there is an element of 'learning' which is going on. The stylist was very excited to see that new 'round picks' had come in and decided I would be a good candidate to try this new product on. Well, it would seem that the management of the omb, coupled with the diffuser on the hairdryer was a bit much as I came out of the salon with a few picks from the comb and a few bangs from the diffuser. It's a good thing that I have a tough head! See Akis, it does come in handy.

I also wanted to get my nails done. Seeing a place in the mall in the one end of town, so I thought I would deek in and quickly get my nails done then head back home for turkey. I made my way there and was told to come back in 10 minutes. The place was your typical Asian nail salon. The woman who was to do my nails had just come from China 2 weeks ago. She was a bit concerned that she wasn't able to speak enough English, but she did rather well. What wasn't quite so good was the rather large tips she put on my nails for the French manicure. About 90 minutes into the manicure I had my nails under the dryer thinking 'hey in 2 weeks the tips will look like they don't take up half of my nail' when a more senior member of the staff came and asked how I liked my nails. I said that they were OK, but she could tell by my voice that I wasn't in love with them. Within 15 minutes, my nails had the polish stripped off and they were repainted. The total time for a French manicure: 2hrs... Oh well, at least my nails look spectacular!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home