Carrie's Adventures

Saturday, September 05, 2009

Our big 'Canadian' Day

It seems that family only gathers when there is a crisis or a celebration. In this hectic time, it seems that it is all we can do to just 'get it done'. Because Akis and I opted to get married in Greece, we decided that it would only be appropriate to have a party for our Canadian folks.

I must say, while I did have a few spastic moments the morning of, the family really stepped up and pitched in. Dad and Jane did a spectacular job getting things around the house ready. Krista entertained my indecisive and multiple trips to pick up last minute things. Craig and Akis ~ superstars who got the cold beer! (Afterall what is a party without the beer???)

I opted to get someone to Cater and the food was fantastic. Tyler and his wife Carrie are local and make one of the best beef roasts I think I have EVER eaten. Christa has become a bit of a local star with her cakes and ours was no exception. I also opted to hire someone to take photos for us ~ I have seen a few of Brad's shots and am very excited about being able to post, however I have yet to receive them. So once they are here, I will be sure to post.

We had quite the mix of people ~ family, friends, previous co-workers and neighbours. I'm grateful that the weather held out and even more grateful to everyone for making the trip to spend the day with us. It was fantastic to see everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home