Carrie's Adventures

Monday, February 01, 2010

Life in January

Life this January has been quite challenging for me. Unfortunately I haven't done a great job at keeping some of this contained and as a result Akis has taken the brunt of my moods as I try to figure out what to do and where my next step will take me.

The month started with the hiring of a new guy into my current position. While this should be a positive thing ~ another person to take on the workload ~ there were many things surrounding this hiring that would make most HR folks cringe. I have come to learn that my new co-worker is making a significant amount more than I am, almost 20% and this was enough to send me into a bit of a tailspin for the month. Being a Libra, there is a lot about me which craves equality and fairness. Realizing that life is not always just, not always fair, I needed to spend some time figuring out what I was going to do.

Compounding this was the confirmation from the office that I am able to take the Master's certificate I have been asking to take for the past year, however the conditions surrounding their involvement and supportwas significantly less supportive than I had hoped. I have decided to take the course and finance it on my own terms. It has been a bit eye-opening and has led me to re-evaluate what it is that I am looking for and the type of company that I wish to work for.

So the search begins again. I don't enjoy the job hunt, however for the sake of my marriage, Akis' sanity and the recognizing that you need to stand up for yourself, if you are not getting what you need and deserve, you need to vote with your feet. I'm choosing at this time to make the decision to actively get myself into a better space, and hoping that good karma is on my side. I'll let you know how the hunt goes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home