Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

It was Greek Easter...

During this crossing there was much excitement about the upcoming Orthodox Easter. This celebration would ultimately wreak havoc on my plans to visit the lovely town of Funchal and the proposed Basket sliding…

In honour of the many crew members who celebrate the Orthodox Easter, Easter dinner was served on Sunday night. Just before midnight we assembled in the dining room ~ the one they save for the guests ~ and we were all treated to a full service sit down meal.


A very dark picture of San Marcos Dining Room Posted by Hello


Carrie at dinner after trying the Liver soup Posted by Hello

Many of the delicacies were of Greek origin ~ like the liver soup ~ which I did try, (I know some of you will be shocked…) but decided it did not match my palette. After the dinner concluded at about 1:30am, we moved to the Crew bar where the party continued ~ for everyone including the Captain!


The Captain Posted by Hello


Jeff and Lindsay Posted by Hello


Takis and Giannis Posted by Hello

Things went very well until I went to bed at 4:30am and then promptly managed to sleep in past 6 ~ hmmm wonder how that happened ~ and the Greek boss needed to call and get me out of bed. Never a good thing when the boss is looking for you and I can’t even blame being snowed in!

The following day was quite rough despite the fact that we were docked in Funchal. I did not get off the ship that day, despite being at sea for 5 days ~ keeping the peace with George and making up for being late was a higher priority. All in all, it seems to be water under the bridge, however the next staff event which was a wine and cheese, had George saying to me before I left ~ ‘Be sure to get up and do the night audit…’ To date, I have been on time ~ have I told you how much I hate alarm clocks?!?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home