Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

You’ve got Mail / Male

You know when you open the mailbox, fish through all of the flyers and realize that there are some envelopes in there, there is this silent prayer that goes up to the heavens that not all of these are windowed envelopes. I think one of the best things about getting mail on the ship, is it is always ‘good’ mail. I was very spoiled last Dover when 3 packages arrived along with my Seaman’s book! You know what that means, I can now go out in St. Petersburg!!

This cruise also brought in a new male ~ my new boss. Still of Greek decent, he is someone who has been an assistant for a number of contracts and this is his first go at being the guy in charge. It has actually been really good in that he views what we are doing as a partnership more than boss/assistant which is an environment in which I tend to thrive much more. He also has a greater work/life balance and has said if I need to get off the ship to just go. Since he has said that, I have been to fewer ports, but don’t feel the need to run from the ship for my sanity. Strange how when you are presented with what you have been striving for, your fascination with it can diminish and you move on. That isn’t to say that I don’t want to go out and see things ~ I just don’t have the same pressing urgency to make sure that I am able to see things.

The other thing I had not considered when I started this blog was who all would be reading this. The intention of this was to provide myself and others an easy way to see where I am at and I can stop getting the emails asking for photos ~ (but you know I love them anyway…) It wasn’t until I received a post from someone I didn’t know that I realized I have put myself out there for anyone to see. I guess I will need to keep some of those details to myself now… :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home