Carrie's Adventures

Monday, March 17, 2008

Last run around South America



It is hard to believe that the South American season is almost over. I know for those who have been here all season, they are glad to see it come to an end, and to be honest, I am missing the warmth of the sun in Caribbean right now.

Akis and I had been out in Buenos Aires only once before, just before our Brazilian cruise. We spent the day in Florida street wandering around, shopping and having lunch. There are many amazing deals to be had on things like leather and cashmere. It was shocking to discover that you could pay $150 for a quality leather coat. You would never find that at home. Here are the views from Florida street.






After walking the afternoon, we headed to Ricoletta. This is where they have the famous cemetary ~ where you can find Eva Peron. It apparently is very difficult to have your remains buried here and in fact took 17 years or something like that for them to locate Eva's body here. And when they did, it is down so deep and well encased to prevent anyone from removing her.




The park adjacent to the cemetary was nice ~ a big patch of green in the middle of the city.




Saturday was our last Buenos Aires and in the spirit of taking advantage of good deals, I went out in search of the purses from this shop which was full of funky purses on Florida street. So as I got into the cab on my own and gave my destination, the cab driver asked if I was going for shopping. I said yes, and he asked me if I wanted to go to another area. Not being able to speak Spanish, I was a bit leary of where this man was suggesting I go, not sure if this was going to be safe. As it turns out, he took me to an area which is about 3 blocks from Florida street, however all of the stores are outlets for the factories. Yes, you guessed it. I managed to spend all of my money in 3 stores while the cabby stood there and held my bags. It was crazy, in 90 minutes, the whole adventure was over and I was carting back shoes, coats and sweaters. What was even crazier was upon my return, Akis saw all the goods and we WENT BACK OUT AGAIN TO BUY MORE! What is up with that??? As it turns out, the original store that I wanted to go to for the purses, wasn't even open, but with my wallet significantly lighter, that was probably an ok thing anyway. Here's to factory outlets!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home