Carrie's Adventures

Monday, June 01, 2009

A quick trip to Greece

With the decision to go to school, our summer plans of coming to Greece in August before our party had to be revisited. Due to the intense nature of the classes, there is a very strict attendance policy at the school which would make taking 3 weeks off virtually impossible. Walking home from work on Wednesday, Akis asked me if we would be able to go to Greece before he went to school. Thinking of all the things I have just agreed to at the office, including a client visit from Italy, a week long training for Crystal Reports, if we were going to be going, it would need to be within the next week. Talk about short notice.

As I nudged my boss at our 9am meeting the following Monday, I said I needed to speak to him for 10 minutes. I asked him what the chances were of getting 2 weeks off to go and visit Greece, but I would need to leave that week. He said he had to check some things out and to let him know. By Wednesday, I was back in his office and given the green light.

Saturday we were on the plane and back in Greece the first thing Monday morning ~ yes, it was a long flight. We used the return leg of our flight to get back to Greece, but getting to Vancouver again proved to be a bit more of a challenge. As we have patched things together to get us back, we are taking an 'EasyJet' ~ or as some may call 'sleezyJet' flight to Paris where we will connect to our flight back to Canada.

Akis and I crack up everytime we see the Scotiabank commercial which describes which vacation they will use their travel points on ~ a Seniors trip to Paris. Our favourite lines:
Man: Arthritic Massage
Woman: But we don't have Arthritis
Man: Oh, but we will

Given that we need to transfer from one airport to another through the city and the time between flights is only 4 hrs, transferring to a Charter, Akis and I have opted to fly in early and hang out in Paris for the day before heading back to Vancouver.

Just goes to prove you don't need to have Arthritis to go to Paris... (I love that commercial!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home