Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Evenings out...

While I had worked in Hospitality before, in particular at a resort in Jasper, I have found that my experience there in combining work and life pales in comparison to what I have experienced here on the ship. I am not sure if it is because we are in confined quarters ~ you can't actually get away from anyone once we are at sea ~ or if I have a different understanding of people than what I had 8 years ago. Either way, it has been an interesting experience trying to separate what is 'work' time and what is 'fun' time.

Fun often comes in the form of an evening event. This seems to be when most people a) have finished work and b) need to relax a bit. There are some nights on the ship which are deemed formal nights. This is when everyone gets dressed up in their Sunday best and parades around the ship. Now my understanding is that I am to wear my uniform, however it is far more fun to dress up...


Carrie with her date on formal night! Posted by Hello

The choice of locations on the ship can at times be limiting. The general starting spot is the Martini lounge. They have quite the selection and I must admit I think I have sampled most of them over the course of the past few months ~ the 'Flirtini' however is coming out on top as one of the favourites. From there we will then either head to the guest disco or to one of the staff bars. The guest disco has come up with a new concept. Along with Cirque du Soleil, who provides the entertainers, the disco has different themes depending on the night. One theme is white night ~ this is where everyone comes dressed in white and 'characters' roam the bar and will interact with the guests. It is an unusual concept and the characters themselves are also a bit different ~ but hey, if you never tried something different life would be pretty damn boring...


One of the characters from Cirque Posted by Hello


Anyone need a light?!? Posted by Hello


Wonder if this classifies as a Bed Bug... Posted by Hello

This week we have an 80's party along with the 70's Pimp and Ho night ~ I'm sure the photos from that one will be a blast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home