Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Whistler... at the Westin!

When I first met Beth, it was through our mutual friend Darci. Darci and I had been out camping, and generally roughing it. So the first winter we stayed up in Whistler for New Years, I was surprised that Beth did not join in. What I did discover about Beth was that when she goes to Whistler, she only stays at the Westin. This past weekend she and I went up there for the night ~ my third occassion staying with her there ~ and I am beginning to see the merits of her ways.

The trip originated as a venture to head up and purchase some slightly cheaper snow equipment. The secondary mission of finding 'Busterino's' (or was it Boberino's, Bellerina's...) pizza however became our main focus after we reached the village. Busterino's did turn out to be a bit of a bust ~ seems the owner owed a bit of back rent and the place had been ceased. Who would have thought that business could go bad in Whistler ~ especially pizza!

I have been up to Whistler in the Winter (love the hills), as well as during the Summer and Spring. This was the first time I had seen the village when the leaves had turned colour. It was absolutely amazing ~ not to mention the Natchos at the Longhorn! Some habits die hard.



The best however had to be the Hot Tub with the 'Starbucks'...


The weekend ended with a trip to Beth's parents for some Turkey ~ you know Thanksgiving is not complete without Turkey and some stuffing. I tell you, I am very blessed. I have great friends. There have been more than a few family holidays where I have 'crashed' another family and I have always been welcomed with open arms. You guys are fantastic!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home