Carrie's Adventures

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

BINGO…

Never in my many years of playing the game, have I ever been able to stand up and yell ‘Bingo’. That was until a couple of nights ago ~ and then I managed to yell the words everyone wants to… BINGO.

In efforts to raise money for crew activities and property, they have a regular bingo each cruise. The bingo consists of 4 games, with the last one being the progressive jackpot. For those unaware of the bingo games, the progressive bingo is a LARGE jackpot that goes on a specified number of balls and if it isn’t won, then you the person who does eventually ‘Bingo’ gets the consolation amount.

So after having someone play a cruel joke on me where they told me my vacation was only going to be 3 weeks and that my next assignment would be to a Century Class ship which would mean I would be sharing a cabin, I begrudgingly gathered my friend Pam and headed down for the games. Grumpy and miserable, I sat on the couch and started playing the first game. Rules here aboard the Constellation have all Bingo players who require only one number to stand so that others are aware that the Bingo is near. So during the first game, I stand. The standers usually get a round of heckles and boos, and then it happened… The number I had been waiting for was called ~ O66. BINGO!! So my collection on that wonderful game was a whopping $66.00, and all of a sudden, I am starting to feel a bit better about things. The second game starts ~ single line which doesn’t take long to get a whole bunch of standers. I join the group and get sufficiently boo’d when I do get the ‘N’ ball I had been looking for. Another 70 big ones in my pocket. Game 3 was a write off, but it was when we were getting down to the last few numbers, I realized holy crap, I only need one more. As I stand for the 3rd time that evening, the glares I received were painful. Unfortunately the third time was not a charm and I was not to take the hat trick, but I can tell you, with the jackpot still available, I will definitely be going next week!!

Good thing I had such excellent Bingo training in my formative years!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home