Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Norway ~ the land of all things expensive

The first of 3 Norwegian ports and everyone who has been on this cruise previously said that we needed to be up early for Sail In ~ to see the fjords and all the beauty. What they didn’t say was that this ‘beauty’ would begin at 4am and last only until 7:15am. What is up with that? Well I must say that I am starting to become more of a morning person ~ I know, say it ain’t so, and I actually managed to get up at 5am with plans to quickly get the audit done and then enjoy the morning. Due to timing issues, I needed to wait until 5:30 to start work, so I headed up at 5am to find the only other sole being Marc from the Guest Internet Café. Being from South Africa, he found the temperatures a bit chilly, however being a good Canadian kid, I bundled up in layers and it wasn’t too bad.

So I took 70 pictures of rocks and waterfalls ~ and while I haven’t gone through them all in great detail, it is just one of those things that the photo doesn’t seem to do it justice. But here is a wee peak just to give you an idea.








We anchored in Geiranger and headed ashore on the tender boats. The town itself is a sleepy hollow that thrives on tourism.



One of Conny’s favourite restaurants is here and we opted to go there for lunch instead of the mess. After listening to the Sinead O’connor CD in its entirety we were beginning to wonder when our food would arrive. It was a bit shocking given the place only had about 12 tables occupied from what we could see. You have to wonder what would happen if they were really busy!!

Norway is the land of trolls ~ and I found myself a cute one. Too bad I wasn’t able to bring him home… :)



Amazed at the number of campgrounds that were around…. I know Liz has already camped Norway, but really, I am thinking she may need to come with me again!

And for those of you who have yet to see a photo of the uniform... Here are the darks! God, who doesn't love a woman in uniform?!? :)

2 Comments:

  • At 10:01 PM, Blogger Bethy said…

    Excuse me miss, may I have a seat up front?

    Nice uniform Carrie....bwahahahaha!

     
  • At 12:28 PM, Blogger Bethy said…

    Nice uniform indeed Carrie.. is it just me or are all the guys reading this touching themselves too!!

    Miss you,

    Marc

     

Post a Comment

<< Home