Carrie's Adventures

Monday, July 18, 2005

It’s a new cruise ~ and it starts with the French!

Quite literally! The itinerary has changed for this one cruise and will see us passing through Ireland, Scotland and the Norwegian Fjords. With only doing this cruise once, I will be making an effort to get out as much as possible ~ however with George back at the helm, it will be more difficult for me to get out. They are offering a Glacial Hike and I desperately want to go ~ how cool will that be?!?

Our first port was Le Havre in France. I have been here before and was not thrilled with the city, so much so that I wasn’t going to go out. However a friend had asked that I go and take some photos of sailboats, so I mustered the energy to get out. This time instead of taking us downtown, the shuttle (and the taxi we took, cause we were tired of waiting for the shuttle) took us to the beach. Well, I will eat my words (and they can be French if you like) as I loved the beach. Pam and I wandered down to the waterside where there were a number of cafes and beach huts.




The food was fantastic and very affordable ~ the dining experience included Moules and Frites (mussels and fries), Ham and Mushroom crepe, 1 L of wine (can’t forget that) and a caramel/banana crepe for desert. We watched as folks strolled along the boardwalk and then took a wee tour to observe the bocce phenomenon.





I am very excited about the rest of the cruise ~ the ports in Ireland include Cork, Dublin and Belfast and then over to Greenock in Scotland. We then have 4 ports in Norway and back down to Copenhagen for an overnight. The camera will be going full bore this cruise.
I also hope to catch up on many things that I have let slide ~ like the communication with the outside world. I have been living pretty much in a cocoon for the past while and am looking forward to connecting with folks again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home