Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Return visits

One of the things I enjoy most is the fact that we return to the same port more than once. The first week you are on a new run, everything is new and you are hastily sorting out how long it will take you to get somewhere, what currency they use and ultimately what is worth seeing. When you only go somewhere once, you feel this pressure to see the culture, experience the atmosphere in the few hours you have off the ship.

These past 2 weeks saw us return to Warnemunde. It is still quaint, still cute, but this time, I took in the German sausage and the beer.


Beers in the afternoon ~ could anything be better? Posted by Hello

The only problem with spending the afternoon with the pints was the lack of facilities. It was 50 cents to open the door to the most disgusting smelling bathroom I have ever smelt/seen. I think I would have been better off crossing the railroad tracks and squatting there. Oh well I guess this is where you learn!

Our next trip to Warnemunde/Rostock there will be a tour heading to Berlin. I have managed to convince my boss that it would be a good cultural experience for me to go ~ so providing all is well and nothing catastrophic breaks, I will fore go the beer and get my butt on a bus and head to Berlin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home