Carrie's Adventures

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Tallinn, Estonia

A very cute little town ~ what I saw of it on the way to lunch. Unfortunately the cruise had been a bit rough on my friend Pam and the first thing required was food. So after exchanging money we wandered the streets looking for a place that a) didn’t have crew and b) didn’t have passengers. As we wandered the streets we managed to find a cute Brewhouse ~ imagine that, two Canadian gals finding a place to get beer…


ahhhh the Brewhouse… Posted by Hello

So after arriving we seat ourselves down and tackle the next challenge, which is determining which beer to order. There are only 3 on the menu which seems a bit limited for a Brewhouse, but we go with it. Pam is able to smile a bit more once the waiter arrives with her stein.


Pam and her beer Posted by Hello

We managed to order our lunch and it was quite good. We were also entertained by other patrons as they proceeded to walk out of the establishment and fail to notice that there is a step. Pam who had arrived in a bit of a foul mood was almost in tears and felt that the gods who had led us to beer and provided entertainment were truly taking care of her. During our haste to make it back to the ship, we did not manage to see much else of the town, but I am sure to get off this week and visit ~ as I have heard there is many other scenic spots to see.


The Square Posted by Hello


The streets of Tallinn Posted by Hello

2 Comments:

  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Bethy said…

    I like the fact that you have met someone who is not afraid to admit they are in a foul mood. You GO Pam! I understand all about the beer and coffee needs...and I don't think it's been that long that Carrie has forgotten what it's like to be around me when I'm in that state!

     
  • At 11:19 PM, Blogger Sean said…

    Carrie,

    I'm enjoying the posts. Renee and I look forward to reading it.

    All the best,

    Sean

     

Post a Comment

<< Home