Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Greenock Scotland ~ the land of the brave?!?

Go figure, the one place I actually bought a shirt, I hated the town. Now I must preface this with the fact that Greenock is the port to Glasgow and is a rather small town. From listening to the locals, it isn’t the type of place that you would want to go out in at night as it is a bit dodgy. So as I wandered through the town, looking for all things Scottish, it seemed to be pretty blue collar. Walking back along the water, I stumbled across a pair of men who were ready to fight and the one guy was so sure that he could take the other, he was willing to bet 2 pounds. The part I couldn’t believe was when the other party raised him to 3 pounds ~ just bizarre.

Again the scenery was beautiful, and the stories I heard from those who had ventured as far as Edinburgh made me wish we had sailed around to the other side, but I can put that on the list of things to return to.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home