Carrie's Adventures

Monday, September 12, 2005

Oslo...

Well I did make it to Oslo ~ the time in the port itself made it difficult for me to get out and see the city. We docked at 7am and were again on our way by 2pm. Given my morning work requirments, I was never ready to get off the ship until at least 1pm. That said, I decided on the last day that after the Audit, there would be NO NAP, and I would head out for a morning coffee and be back in time for work at 10am. The city itself was not 'very awake' on a Monday morning at 8am. But what I did manage to see was the city slowly waking up as everyone made their way into work.


There were a couple of intersting points that others were able to see ~ the statue park which had a number of interestingly naked statues placed close together for convenient viewing. I was only able to see the photos others had brought back to the ship, but it looks like it would have been worth a view.

The other sites included some of the Olympic venues from the '56 Winter Olympics.

As I walked around the downtown core, there was a nice park and settled in for a wee nap on one of the benches... that was until it was time to return to the floating office.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home