Carrie's Adventures

Sunday, November 06, 2005

The final days before heading back

So while I was in Ontario I was given access to the schedule. This allows us to see what ship you are posted to, when you are to sign on/sign off, and if you are the Manager or the Assistant. Well there had been discussion about my replacing George while he went on his vacation. In reviewing the schedule, I see that this is in fact what they are looking to do ~ and it looks like it may be on both the Constellation and then I will move to the Mercury and do the same thing... I must say my feelings about this are mixed.

Pros:
I have a better cabin ~ it will be bigger and will be good for hosting visitors when they come
I don't have to do the 6:30am night audit ~ this is something the assistant will do
I will get more money ~ albeit, not that much more
I have control over my schedule more than I would if I was the assistant ~ meaning if I want to have a beach day, I can!
My contract is currently 4 1/2 months instead of 6 ~ by month 5 I was burnt out, so leaving before that happens is a good thing.

Cons:
I will be the one that gets yelled at when things don't work
My contract is currently 4 1/2 months instead of 6 ~ less money in the old pocket as I will finish up 6 weeks earlier.

While I know that the Pros appear to be outweighing the Cons, I think I will reserve judgement until I have been back for a while.

Other item of note:
The folks seem to be unaware of when I should fly to get there. Marc, who is on his quest for a million points, is planning on flying with me to Newark. When booking his flight we assumed that because I was joining the ship on Thursday, that I would be flying Wednesday. Well in fact it turns out that I fly on Tuesday ~ and have a day in New York. When asking George about this, he said it would be unlikely that they would change my ticket at this late date so it appears that I have a day to spend in the Big Apple! I'm very excited about that as I have yet to be to New York and a friend just went for 4 days on a spree to see Letterman and loved it. You know where the next group of photos will be coming from now don't you!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home