Carrie's Adventures

Monday, February 20, 2006

Acapulco, Mexico (Take 1)

Have never been to Acapulco, but it is one of those places that you seem to always hear about ~ a destination location. And that is just what it is for us on Mercury... With the ship arriving around 7am and not leaving until 11pm, you feel like you can actually go out and experience the city without worrying that you are going to miss the last call to the ship.

Martha having been out here before had decided 'Mama, we're going out...'

We left late afternoon and headed to the restaurant ~ but out front they had lounges and the thatched huts that make Mexico, hmmm well Mexico. We promptly put our butts down, ordered strawberry daquairis and enjoyed what remained of the day.









I must say however, despite the view, I was not impressed with the beach. I walked down to enjoy the water, and we all know how I love the beach, but to my disappointment, found garbage floating. Yep plastic and wrappers and just overall unappealing. I opted to pass on the swim ~ and it just about broke my heart... From there, Martha was talked into the 'back rub' that came with the chair, and the 30 dollars. But after the experience, she got up, looked at me and said 'It was PERFECT mama'. Perhaps this is the new location for my weekly massage...



We finished up the drinks and then moved upstairs to the restaurant where the dining was not quite 5 star, but hey, they had fresh salsa... and a beautiful sunset!!







While the view was good, the beach was still below par ~ overall, think it may be a thumbs down... =(

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home