Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Bergen, Norway

I didn't get a chance to get out in this port last year, and was nicely surprised to see how great the port was. A number of people had spoken about the Fish Market and of course, knowing how much I LOVE fish, this was not the draw for me!

Despite not being a fish lover, the market was very cool. After I got over the 'fishy' smell, I was able to enjoy not only the sights, but some of the berries as well. I swear, these were the best Raspberries I have ever had!












The market is situated right on the harbour, with many pleasure boats around. My friend Karene would have loved the 'sailboat' factor. (OK the photo only has motor boats but I swear there were sailboats too...) While not quite as populated as Le Havre, there definitely was a number of boaters ~ so much so they were double parked...











The town is constructed pretty much of brick. I guess this is to endure the cold and snow! But it did make for a pretty walk.















Then in true 'Viking' form, there were the symbols of their culture located in the centre of the square. Amazingly enough, there were a number of buskers here in the square as well ~ either trying to sell you something or show off their juggling skill, or their ability to stand still for an extended period of time. (Still not sure how that is art, but hey, to each their own...)


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home