Carrie's Adventures

Monday, September 15, 2008

And the package is off...

Yes, it is officially done. All 3.1kg of paper has been submitted today to the Processing Centre in Mississauga. Or should I say, we gave an arm and a leg to have it couriered to the Processing Centre. It will be there on Wednesday. Now all we can do is wait.

I have found an online forum where other pending immigrators gather and share the experiences and stories. It has been very helpful to be able to ask questions of those who have gone before you, I've become somewhat addicted, and now show a healthy sense of paranoia based on the stories you hear of people being rejected. What I do need to keep in mind however is that many of these relationships started online, have been short in duration and the two parties have spent little time together. While I don't presume to judge whether or not they have a bonafida relationship, I can see where some skepticism might come in on the part of Immigration Canada.

Anyway, now we are waiting the first phase ~ basically that the Gov't of Canada thinks that I can sponsor Akis to live in Canada. Once that is approved, then his file will go to Rome for processing of his application. Here's hoping that time flies over the next few months!

Ironically enough, tonight as I'm flipping through the TV ~ cause I look for anything in English ~ the movie de jour, Green Card. Somehow fitting...

Will let you know how it all pans out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home