Carrie's Adventures

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Why hire a seamstress when you can do it yourself???

It's amazing what you can learn to do with the help of Google and the Internet!!

When I bought my dress, we knew that there would need to be some alterations. I decided that I would not have them done at home and in hindsight, that was perhaps the wrong decision. After asking Akis' mom about who would be able to alter my dress, I was taken down the street to their friend Mina's house. Mina is a seamstress and did make some of the alterations for me, however when I attempted to describe that I needed a bustle, the whole request got lost in the translation of English to Greek. At one point, they told me I needed to carry the dress all night... Hmmm, no I don't think so. After trying again, the solution was to pin the dress with a great big safety pin. Again, don't think so. I then called Krista and said, 'Hey, how do you feel about bustling a wedding dress???'

Armed with materials from the fabric store, we spent Tuesday afternoon in their hotel room attempting to create a bustle on our own... I had read a number of sites and had some basic instructions, but in the end, I don't think we ended up doing too bad. See, you can do just about anything. All you need is Google and a fast internet connection!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home