Carrie's Adventures

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Another week of planning

After taking a week off to sit in the sun and see the islands, it was back to the grind. I must say we are very lucky that we are both off during this time before the wedding and despite my few moments of stress, I think the fact that we seem to have time to deal with things has helped a whole lot.

Things we managed to cross off the list this week:
* Mail the invitations to my family
* Confirm the final details on the reception ~ all that is left is the seating plan and giving the final numbers to the hall.
* Dress fitting for final changes to the dress
* Receive things that I have ordered for decorating in the hall

AND MOST IMPORTANTLY... My papers have been submitted for the wedding license. Yes, we will be legal!

Things we have been working on that aren't quite complete yet:
* Picking the florist ~ the quote from one florist was 1700E, they must think I'm crazy if I'm going to spend that much for one day!! We are waiting for a quote from another florist and hoping the number doesn't give me a heart attack. Either that or we may be sans decorations!
* Order the wedding cake ~ turns out all of the bakeries that we were going to use are closed during the end of August. Who closes in the summer??? I know 2 people who own a bakery who would think this is just CRAZY! Hopefully it will be ordered by Saturday.
* Get my wedding ring ~ they hit a wee snag with it and it is taking longer than we expected but we are off to see what the scoop is today.
* Order bombonnaires ~ waiting for the quote. Seems we are doing a lot of that lately...
* Visit with a stylist to talk about my hair, makeup and all that jazz... Hopefully this will be confirmed tomorrow.

Things we have been putting off:
* Selecting our songs for the reception
* Visiting the photographer to go over the final details

Things that have eluded me:
* SHOES! Seems I can't find the pair I want. I have even gone so far as to tell Akis that I will go to Athens myself so he doesn't have to trudge into the city with me. Won't that be a treat... me alone on public transit trying to navigate my way through the city ~ should be an adventure.

I'd like to think that we are getting closer. Despite not wanting to be one of those brides that freaks out, I am beginning to think that might be a bit inevitable and after a visit to the 'expensive' florist, I had a small melt down in front of the planner... Oh well, she gets paid to deal with this no??? In the end, people get married every week. Many before me have done this and many after us will decide to take the plunge. However, you don't realize just how much it is going to cost and the planning that is involved until it is YOU that needs to do it... Perhaps I should have paid more attention to those bridal shows on TLC/Slice Network.

All I can say is that it's a good thing we are only doing this once!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home