Carrie's Adventures

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Notice has been given ~ I'm officially 'not working'

Akis and I have been planning for this day and I'm sure a number of people didn't actually think it was coming, but yes, I have given notice to Celebrity. For those who have done the 'cruise ship' thing, you can understand how easy it is to just carry on your merry way and return contract after contract. You have 2 months vacation, you don't need to look for work during this time, and when you come back, you basically walk in and say 'OK, I'm here...'. It is a very comfortable existance.

Now that both of us are no longer in the rotation and notice has been given to the office, we do have a year to return should we decide that life on land doesn't suit us. Until then, we are going to follow the plan. This means a wedding in August and a whole bunch of paperwork after that. I'm not looking forward to the paperwork, but I am looking forward to getting a new start.

We'll have to see how the job search goes ~ one of my least favourite things to do, but that can wait until September. Here's to a new beginning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home