Carrie's Adventures

Friday, July 04, 2008

All the things to do ~ who knew??

Now that I'm here, I am feeling the need to get everything done NOW. I know that it doesn't have to be done 'this minute', but there is a part of me that would feel better knowing that we have done all the work and now we can just relax. I am lucky in many ways in that we both have 2 months off before the wedding so we have plenty of time to do all the running around and errands that we haven't been able to take care of previously. I made a list of things we needed to take care of and arranged them into a schedule for this past week. Akis was disappointed to see that we had something to do just about every day, however coming out the other side and seeing how much we have accomplished in the week, I think we both feel better...

Things we have crossed off the list:
* Invitations ~ they have been chosen, the proof approved and now we are just waiting for them to come back from the printer
* Documents ~ My documents have been translated to Greek and picked up from the Agency so we can go next week to get the wedding license
* Wedding Rings ~ We have been to the jeweller and have my ring sorted. As I am looking to have the wedding band nested with my engagement ring, I have needed to give them my ring and I feel a bit naked without it now!
* Reception ~ We went to the reception hall to meet with the owner and decide the menu. We have opted for the buffet, mostly because of the variety and rumour has it some people feel a bit jilted when they get the single plate and it doesn't seem to fill the hole in the stomach. Hopefully the 'all you can eat' style will suit.
* Wedding location ~ We went to review the wedding location and discovered that it needs some work. Not speaking Greek I wasn't able to ask the questions or get the clarification on what will be done before the wedding, but I am putting the faith in the wedding planner that things will be taken care of.
* Arrangements for the Hotel for my family ~ this was confirmed and all of those flying over will be staying at the same hotel. Akis and I located where it was on the map, but have not been past it to sneak a peak.

Things left to do:
* Select Akis ring ~ he has looked at some but has not decided what he wants
* Go to the bakery to select a cake ~ Where are the Yeos when you need them??? Oh yes, at their own bakery in Peachland.
* Speak to the florist regarding the flowers for the ceremony site and reception hall
* Order some decorations for the reception and wedding favours ~ this includes the boubonnaires
* Get some shoes ~ we started to look on Friday, however the only pair I liked, they didn't have my size in white. They had it in Navy though... go figure.
* Confirm the Hair/Makeup/Nail girl for the wedding day
* Speak to the DJ regarding music
* Get the wedding license
* Wait for people to arrive.

So for the most part, I feel pretty good. We are going to do things again this coming week, and of course there will be things that come up, but hopefully we are on track. I just try to remember that it is only one day and even if everything falls to pieces, it is about the fact that Akis and I are starting a new part of our lives together and that this just simply marks a beginning... No point in becoming Bridezilla ~ that can't be good for anyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home