Carrie's Adventures

Friday, January 30, 2009

The request has come... the Italians are done!

It has been a very exciting week here. I got a message from Akis to call home on Tuesday ~ it was just after 10am, and I figured the mailman had come. This could mean one of 2 things, the letter has come and they are asking for more information of god forbid, an interview to see if we are a 'genuine' couple OR it is a letter that has come and Akis can send in his passport.

Yep, it was option number 2. Akis was quite excited and has read the letter a number of times, but still wanted me to read it to make sure he read it correctly. The final stage is to send the passport to Rome, get the Visa put into Akis' passport and get the passport back. So Wednesday morning I took a trip to Kinko's and securely send the passport to Rome. I think this whole process has made me a bit obsessive compulsive ~ for now I'm not haunting the Immigration Forum, but rather stalking the FedEx website and tracking the package as it made its way from Vancouver, through Memphis, over to Paris and ultimately to Rome. It has arrived at the Embassy, signed for and everything, and now we need to wait to get it back. I am optimistic that the package will be returned next week. I mean how hard can it be to put that Visa sticker in a passport??

Once we do get the passport back, we'll be making a quick trip to the Peace Arch where we will exit and re-enter Canada so Akis can officially land. I'm quite excited about the process coming to an end and Akis being able to get on with settling himself here. He no longer needs to feel like a 'visitor', he can join the rest of us working stiffs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home