Carrie's Adventures

Monday, December 08, 2008

Christmas at the office

Starting a new job in December is not always bad... Not only are you new and learning the ropes, you have the staff Christmas party, not much to clean off your desk before the holidays and generally are enjoying the natural slowdown the season brings.

As was the case, on my 5th day of work, I was treated to lunch at the Wall Centre as part of the staff Christmas party. With my new companion Melanie, we managed to do some damage to the white bottles. There was some hesitation on my part as you don't want to send the wrong signal by getting hammered the 5th day at work, but the boss was all in and so was everyone else. So once we cleared the air, the festive atmosphere took over.




Left to right ~ Christine, a consultant who works from Toronto who came out for the event and managed to win a 32" flat screen, Melanie, a Sales gal who is recently back to Vancouver from Toronto, Mario the boss and myself...

The party continued after lunch at a local pub where Geoff's hat saw many heads that night as we all felt it pertinent to try it on. We proceeded to have a few brews and generally enjoyed the atomosphere. Michael ~ Melanie's other half ~ an AC pilot came to watch the entertainment. I think he was the only moderately sober person as he was on stand-by...



Home time was about 9pm, I guess this is what you get for starting at noon. Geoff, Christine and I piled into a cab and we took a circuit route to drop everyone off. Geoff and Christine got off at the same stop and sent me on my way. Apparently Geoff was a bit concerned as he left me on my own curled up in the back seat of the cab, and actually wondered if I would make it to the final destination. By the time I got home, Akis was of great assistance removing my shoes and pointing me in the direction of the bed. Yes, it should be said, drinking excessively on week 1 may not always be a good thing. Although in this particular case, it turned out to be OK...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home