Carrie's Adventures

Friday, June 19, 2009

The flight to Athens

Once the trip was confirmed, it was a bit of a whirlwind to get everything into place. After calling BA to change our flight once again, we were ready to head back. The only downfall with the BA flight was the evening departure from Vancouver and the lengthy layover we were going to have in Heathrow.

We arrived at the airport and discovered that there has been a bit of renovation going on in anticipation of the many guests who will be arriving next February. I can tell you it has been a while since I have been in an airport where the gates where as decorated as they were here. Gotta wonder how much they spend on the fish tank!




Our first stop was Heathrow and 7 hrs until our next flight. Had I been more on the ball I should have called my cousin Chris and seen if he wanted to come and hang out with us. We connected in Terminal 5, and there was no smoking room anywhere in the terminal. As such, we had to pass through immigration so Akis could roll and have another cigarette. I'll be glad once this habit is kicked.
Once we came back, we were in for the wait.


However they did have an AMAZING hand dryer in the washroom that would just about lift you off the ground however the end result was that my ring was once again very sparkly...



Finally after what seemed like forever, we landed in Athens. Passing immigration here never ceases to amaze me ~ in the 3 times I have landed at the airport, I have yet to ever be asked a question by the immigration officers. Oh well, as long as they stamp that passport, who cares.

And yes, the bags did make it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home