Carrie's Adventures

Friday, July 30, 2010

The month of May...

Wow, it seems to be somewhat challenging to sit back and remember what we did in May. Perhaps that is in part a result of settling into a more common routine ~ work, housework, course, sleep ~ no jetsetting to various ports of call to discover new cultures. That said, there is something nice about routine. I just wish the routine included having Akis home at night for dinner. With school and work, it seems that we don't get to spend a whole lot of time together and it makes us both excited about reaching the end of his program where he can go back to having a single focus rather than having to split between work and school.



Beth was back in Vancouver for her last visit before Westy made his appearance. I did manage to pick her up in the wee Miata, but I can tell you this will be the last time she travels this light ~ one small suitcase and a Lululemon bag. I'm sure motherhood will change the packing habits of the Tacchis, at least in the short term. We had a small shower for Beth with another pregnant mom in attendance. Suzanne, pregnant with twins and I think 37 weeks at the time, made a huge effort to be there. She has since delivered 2 beautiful girls. Maggie and Janet hung out as well as the girls gabbed over food and surprisingly enough, no wine! Bad planning on my part, and there were no photos. I should check with Suzanne and Janet to see if they snapped some good shots.


Hugo 'graduated' from puppy class. Not sure that graduate is the correct term as it doesn't seem to matter how well or poorly you behave, you show up, you get the certificate. Either way, I have learned a few tips/tricks but have fallen off the wagon as far as consistently providing him with training. He has grown a lot and it is surprising to reflect and realize a few months ago he used to fit in my 2 hands.


The other comical outing was the Arbonne party I went to out in New West. Yes, travelled out of Vancouver proper, even took public transit as Akis was working. The experience on the skytrain was almost enough to make the evening ~ heading out to New West, got on the train only to discover one of the passengers in her white summer skirt was sporting some very colourful undies. Later came to discover that it in fact tattoos and it made me ponder, as I always do with tats, is that something you want to have when you are 80. Regardless, watched as a fellow rider seemed to be very taken by the tat gal with the white skirt and proceeded to secretly take photos with his iPhone. While I appreciate that everyone snaps photos here and there now days, what seemed a bit more creepy was the flipping through of the photos and subsequent attempts to take better photos. Jeez, guess this means you need to be on your best behaviour as you just never know these days who is out there lookin' at ya.


With only 2 more sessions of my course to go, I was also looking very forward to when I could wrap up the Master's Certificate course I had been taking. In conjunction with the course I was pulling together details for my PMP (Project Management Professional) application. In the application you need to document 4500 project hours and that just seemed like such a daunting task. As it turns out, it was kinda like your taxes ~ it sucks to do, but at some point you just need to sit down and do it.


So that was May in a nutshell ~ seems I'm getting the hang of this 'routine' bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home