Carrie's Adventures

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The Certification is complete!

After completing my course and the whole application process, audit and all, it was time to put the money where my mouth was and take the exam. There are many stories going around from those who have taken the exam previously, along with some anxiety I had from missing out twice by one mark on the last certification exams I had taken. But I decided it was time and put myself down for a date.

The date I chose however was selected prior to knowing we would be going to Ottawa/Orange Corners for a week. As such, I didn't take the 3 days off to study that I thought I was going to be able to take. I did purchase an exam cram book and started the reading. With only 4 days to go and a 72 hr deadline for rebooking, I was certain I would be selecting a date for after my trip to Perth. After seeing that the only dates available were first in November and then when I checked again, the middle of December, I decided to suck it up and just write it. What was the worst thing that could happen ~ I might fail, although I may also pass....

As luck would have it, I felt terrible the morning of the exam. A stuffy head and the makings of a cold. I hung out for the morning with Hugo, got some thing done like Air Care, renewing the insurance on the car and finally recycling things that had been in my bag for ages. As I made my way to the testing facility, I realized that the sun will still rise tomorrow, so if nothing else, this could be a learning experience. I'm not sure there is a more anxious time than after the 2.5 hours of selecting answers and finally submitting the results. As you wait for the system to tally up all of the results, there is nothing left for you to do but sit there.

I'm pleased to say that I did manage to pass the exam ~ and now can officially add the 'PMP', or as some like to call it, the pimp title to my name.

One more thing to cross off the list!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home