Carrie's Adventures

Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas spirit

I had the best of intentions of getting my husband and daughter out to enjoy the festive atmosphere this year. Some how I fell a bit short. I thought we could go and look at the Christmas lights, check out the window displays, perhaps check out the snow ~ but alas, the days have passed and it is 2 days until Christmas and I have been very unsuccessful. I haven't even managed to really get gifts this year, nor cards, nor cookies. So much for having all this extra time to do things while on Mat Leave!

We did manage however to get to the mall to see Santa. I had been wanting to go for weeks and figured a week day would be far better than the weekend as there would be less of a line. Well, I miscalculated and ended up going the week the kids were out of school. So much for beating the line.

Sofie did quite well considering we had to wait almost an hour. Had a bit to eat before meeting Santa, she didn't cry, but she also didn't really smile. There were lots of people and things going on so she took it all in and just sat there a bit overwhelmed. Perhaps next year.



We are going to be spending the holidays with family. We are about to head to the airport for Sofie's first trip back to see Grandpa Jim and Jane. Grandpa Jim is going to pick us up at the airport ~ so here's hoping that she does OK, despite getting up at 3am to hang out for a bit.

I am looking forward to the holidays as we are going to get a chance to meet a lot of people and I know they are anxious to meet the wee Sofia. Merry Christmas everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home