Carrie's Adventures

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Acapulco ~ Take 2

Well I have to say that despite Acapulco not being my favourite port, this past cruise was definitely an exception. So I woke up at 6 that morning despite not needing to do the audit, in anticipation. I had breakkie and then went to the office where there are windows. As I saw the Infinity pull into the Bay, the grin on my face grew noticibly larger. I don't think it was until the ship actually turned to dock and I saw the name that I actually believed they were here.

As fate would have it, not only were we not allowed on the each others ship, we also both had boat drill in the morning which resulted in our day beginning at about 11:30. The boys (Akis and Nikos) came by to say hello and stood outside the ship. As I walked off the gangway, Akis introduced himself and asked if I was there for the blind date... hahaha

We headed out of the pier off to a resort called Villa Vera. Akis had been there previously but it was new to me. We hung out for the day in a HUGE suite, swam in the pool and ate lunch. It was great to spend time with him again and I realize that he truly makes me smile and laugh ~ god love him for being perpetually 12.




Now had we been there longer, I would have for sure taken advantage of the tub ~ check this out, it is like your own private pool!!



This was the pool outside of the bungalow. There were only 8 rooms that used this pool so it was definitely a place to 'get away' from everyone.




So after being off the ship all day ~ what a treat that was ~ we headed back to the ship at 8pm to pick up our respective bosses to go out for a few drinks...




As we headed out to Paradise ~ a local hangout for the crew, we sat around a bucket of Coronas, drank, laughed, and the boys went bungee jumping. It seemed amazing how quickly the day could pass ~ almost 11 hours I got to spend with Akis this time. Despite needing to go our separate ways, we were both feeling better knowing that it would only be 32 days until we see each other again in Juneau...

The countdown is on!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home