Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What to do now....

So as you know, Akis and I have been on separate ships. January saw a large expenditure to go and visit Akis for the afternoon. I was very excited to see that the ships were meeting up in Acapulco on the 12th. We have spent the past 4 weeks looking forward to seeing each other again...

As you also know, we have been 'Code Red' for the past 4 weeks. We finally stepped down to 'Code Yellow', but that is still having an impact on our visit. I came into the office today to find the following email from the Staff Captain:

Dear all,
Please be advised that no visitors will be allowed during our stay in Acapulco from Infinity or the opposite as a precaution, due to our current Yellow code.
Sincere Regards,
Cpt.K.Nikolis


My reaction ~ WHAT!! WHAT?!? After weeks of anticipation, we are now unable to visit each other on the other ship. I have been able to swing the day off, but just coming out of Dry Dock, I'm not sure if Akis will be so lucky to be able to get that much time off.

The moral support has been great ~ Event Coordinator Alex suggested the net and looking for a hotel, the Concierge Uma offered her services and has given a couple of options for the day while the others have lent their support and condolances... I figure, no matter how hard I try, the day can not possibley cost me $700 ~ so at least I am better off than last time.

Although, I have needed to sit and reflect ~ I joked about the possiblity of not getting on the ship due to the code Yellow/Red, but really never thought anything would come of it. So my suggestion ~ be careful what you put out there, it may just come and bite you in the butt!

1 Comments:

  • At 6:10 PM, Blogger Η Μικρή Ολλανδέζα said…

    Mamacita,
    I was waiting for the date to come to post a comment...Your luck mama...your luck...
    I hope you managed to find a nice hotel to place your love! Better than the cabin anyway...
    Waiting for details!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home