Carrie's Adventures

Saturday, March 17, 2007

Heading East...

Part of the vacation always involves going home and visiting with the friends and family. Dad is very good at being the taxi service to and from the airport ~ I call, make the request and Jim's taxi is waiting for me when I arrive at Pearson Airport. I must say I was a bit shocked to see how quickly the services were booked up this year. The call went something like this:

Carrie: Dad, well I am here in Vancouver and will be coming home next week
Dad: Oh, next week. When were you planning on coming?

Up to this point the conversation is as per usual...

Carrie: Oh, I don't know, maybe Monday or Tuesday. I have a couple of things here I need to do and then I thought I would come after the weekend.
Dad: Ah, ok. Well, the only time which is good next week is Wednesday.
Carrie: What? Really?
Dad: Yes, Making Ice Sunday through Tuesday. Tim Horton Tournament Thursday to Sunday. So if you are coming next week, it has to be Wednesday.

So off I went and made my plans to arrive on Wednesday ~ the 7am flight so I would arrive in Toronto at a decent afternoon hour instead of late evening. For the first time, I flew WestJet home. I must say ~ they have to be one of the only airlines that I have flown where people look like they are genuinely happy to be working. Now, the lack of breakfast on the plane was a bit of an issue, but that's because I didn't pay attention to what Gate I was flying from and discovered that there is no Tim Hortons in the WestJet end of the airport in Vancouver. It is only next to the Air Canada gate after you pass security ~ however had I been smart, I might have made a run for it, but that would have entailed actually moving at a faster pace, and that just wasn't an option that early in the morning. It was then when I was standing there at the gate, I realized that despite my irregular travel now, my previous travel days have provided me with this wealth of knowledge that is rarely used anymore. Pity that.

The arrival was good and the day was probably the best day to arrive, for little did I know, I was in for some quality Bruce County weather...

1 Comments:

  • At 11:54 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Heading East... ahhh... what fun. I'm about to embark on the same trip myself... all the way to Pearson, yet I'm flying Air Canada. I can count on one finger the number of genuinely happy people I have met on a flight in the past year who have gone out of their way to remember my name and make sure my trip was awesome. It was on a flight home from the UK a week and a half ago. It's pretty pathetic that the airlines can't hire more happy peppy people... or should I say that Air Canada can't. Oh well. Maybe they'll treat me nicer if I ever start buying executive tickets.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home