Carrie's Adventures

Saturday, December 09, 2006

What we do when the Passengers are asleep

..or not onboard!

We had a 2 day cruise from New Jersey down to Fort Lauderdale which is now our home port. The beauty about making this change is that we are not able to transport passengers from one US port to another US port ~ this is a violation of what is known as the Jones Act. Implemented over 100 years ago it was to try and stop foreign vessels from acting like a ferry service. I say, if it gives me 2 days where I don't have to wear my white clothes, worry about running into passengers, and I get free run of the ship ~ bring it on!

I think the highlight during this time for people is that you get a chance to do things you don't normally do. The Spa ~ while I go on a somewhat regular basis for the theraputic massage, I am not sure that some of the other Staff or Crew members get that chance. Likewise, our speciality restaurant which is Fine Dining at it's best, isn't available to crew or other wait staff ~ so now was the perfect time to get in there. We also had a party in the guest disco. A place which is generally off limits unless you are sporting your Mr. Clean outfit, we managed to have a great party with a bunch of laughs. Although the more unforgiving laugh I think came in the morning with the hangover. I don't seem to recover quite like I used to...



Manolis has new glasses!!




What's in that cup? Yes, that's right ~ Hot Chocolate!


Hmmm, the Doctor is back!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home