Carrie's Adventures

Saturday, September 30, 2006

The Crossing

I recall the Crossing from the Caribbean to Europe, being fearful that I would have difficulties stomaching the motion. As it turned out the crossing was smooth like a baby's bum. Unfortunately, this was not the case this time. As I lived on anti-motion sickness pills, I spent 3 days feeling the ship rock. What was more amazing was despite being a very sound sleeper, the evening of Day 2, I was woken a number of times realizing that there was no need for me to be so close to the wall ~ no wait, that was just where I landed...

Watching the waves out of the port hole was quite the expeience as you could see the depth of the swells ~ first the water being very low, only to then have it come very close to the top of the port hole.





I can see how people go a bit stir crazy being in one place for an extended period of time. By the time we reached land again, I know I for one was ready to set feet on land again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home