Carrie's Adventures

Saturday, December 09, 2006

The other East Coast Ports ~ Boston, Bar Harbor and Portland

The East coast truly is a beautiful part of the world. I think I first fell in love with Boston when I came here in '99 to do some work for Class. The city is ripe with history and at the time it was February so it was flippin' cold, but I still managed to enjoy my time there.

Coming back I realize that I don't often get much time to go out in the ports. I would have liked to have taken the time to go out on a city tour, however I didn't manage to get my stuff together. So instead, I wandered the streets, saw some of the previous sights and then had myself a bread bowl and chili. I know that isn't very 'Boston' and the Clam chowder is what it is all about, but you know me and fish ~ just won't do it.





Bar Harbor is a cute little town. Reminds me a lot of home ~ population small in the winter, population HUGE in the summer. The town has a number of touristy shops along with restaurants down by the water. The cool, yet pain in the butt part of Bar Harbor is that you have to tender, which means you can't just walk off the ship and be on your way. It is a bit of a production to get out there and actually go for lunch. Have gone out twice for lunch with the gals and both times, it was a great break from the things going on back on the ship. I keep telling myself, this was suppose to be my 'no stress' job ~ somehow that didn't quite happen!




The other stop we had was Portland Maine. Cool little spot with some great outlet shopping. Now imagine, it isn't outlet shopping like you see in Bellingham, or in Niagara Falls where everything is crammed together in one big mall like building. These outlets shops are actually individual shops, along a street, with each store having it's own building. It was actually quite refreshing to shop, you walked outdoors and I was introduced to the world of Coach. Yes, Dad, this is what you bought me for my birthday ~ and I LOVE them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home