Carrie's Adventures

Friday, April 20, 2007

Island of Maui

In efforts to make the most of my time on the island, I decided that I would head into port first and have Akis join me when he was done. I wandered the streets with all the shops only to find that this part of town hasn't changed much in the past 20 years ~ or so said the lady I chatted with while waiting for Akis.
I did buy a couple of souvenirs on my travels and then a group of us headed out to Whalers Village. The first thing I noticed was that the sand was white, not black as found in Kona. The water was also quite cool, but it was refreshing so I am not going to complain. I had heard from Akis that the surf here can be quite strong, however this was not my day and I was not privy to a great spectacle of waves.

We wandered through the shops, and headed back into town. The early evening was nice ~ it wasn't too hot and the tiki torches came out. The stores remained open late, so we wandered the street, looked in Jewellery shops for rings and settled on buying 2 necklaces, dinner and some macadamia nuts with chocolate ~ yum.


I could see myself spending time just relaxing there. The difficult part about only being there for a day is that you only get a wee taste of what the place is like. Pity really as the people are very friendly and I would have loved to have gone to a Luau ~ I think that would be my one 'do over' for Maui.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home