Carrie's Adventures

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Acapulco

Oh Acapulco... I love to hate you and hate to love you... I must say this isn't one of my favourite ports, but it does hold a lot memories for me. Acapulco as a city is hot, dirty and not overly pleasant with all the garbage on the streets and in the water.

The Mexicans have learned how to pester tourists for their dollar to the point where where you have repeated the words 'NO thank you' so many times that 'No Chicklets thank you', 'No taxi, thank you' becomes a plain 'NO'. You can feel a bit rude snubbing them, but they are so agressive that it really does turn me off.


The benefit of being somewhere that you have been a number of times is that you know where you can go to get essentials ~ very key when living on the ship. So the morning was spent going to the local grocery store to pick up new toothbrushes, shampoo, toothpaste and the like. Fully stocked, I headed back to the ship and Akis and I were off to Villa Vera. This was the resort that we went to last year when I met up with him in April.


We were in port with the Summit ~ and managed to run into people we knew who are working on the other ship. The pool was filled with crew. I think this is because there is no cover to get into the resort and we take over, drink their beer, eat their food and generally have a good time. We risked lowering the SPF to 15 and Akis again on the cab ride home complained that he had no colour. This was until the sun went down and then the colour came out. Strange that.

As we were sailing at 8pm, we picked up Frank and Nikos and went for a drink by the water. The boys haved been working diligently on the antenna for almost 2 weeks and were in need of a bit of a break.



Overall, it was an awesome day ~ the best part... I got to curl up with Akis at the end of the day in our tiny bed, fall asleep and wake up to find him beside me the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home