Carrie's Adventures

Saturday, April 07, 2007

Puntarenus, Costa Rica

A small port on the West Coast of Costa Rica, I said to Akis I might go out and walk around before he and I got out. We turned on the TV to the 'bridge cam' channel ~ he said 'see that? That is all there is to Puntarenus.' So in the 30+ degree heat, I headed off and he was completely right. Within 20 minutes, I had wandered through the local vendor stalls and was wondering where to next.

The beaches on each side of the pier are lacking in the clear blue water that I have come to love in the Caribbean. Instead it is a murky warm brown pool of water. Not all that inviting.

Apparently the thing to do here is take an excursion into the canopy and zip line or raft. I should have listened to Nikos and gone ahead and booked a tour... Hmmm, next time.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home