Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Back to the life as the Assistant

Well it is 6:26am and I am officially back to the life of the assistant. Yes, that is right, I am up at the crack of dawn doing the Night Audit. Only difference here is that I am not in a frigid computer room which really wakes you up! Here the office does have windows, but how depressing to see that it is still dark outside. I know Kathey used to watch the sun rise, but I'm thinking as soon as I can get my butt back into bed, I am there!!

Hard to believe I only have 3 weeks left before I am done. Although I must say it seems like forever since I was on the Constellation and that was only 4 months ago tops. Life has been a constant change here and I moved cabins for the 6th and final time here on Mercury ~ at least I hope to god it is the last time. I have been psudeo living out of a suitcase for the past week and a half and am beginning to wonder where I have put all of my underwear! Anyway, I still shouldn't complain as I am still in my own cabin despite the threats from the company to take this 'benefit' away from my position. There have been some other 'cuts' as well which impact shipboard life for us, such as public area privledges ~ so all in all, it may be time to weigh the pros/cons and decide if selling potatoes in rural Greece might not be a better idea.

With only 3 weeks or so until vacation, I have been working on my vacation plans which AGAIN seem to be jam packed and leave me with very little time in Vancouver. My friend Beth is currently living in Hong Kong ~ I think ~ as she seems to travel around Asia checking out the area and I am currently looking to go and visit her. They have just signed a lease for a 3 bedroom unit so it means I will have my own room and space to spare, which is awesome ~ particularly when I have been hearing stories of the small apartment she and her fiance were previously sharing!! So it looks as though I am actually going to need to plan a few things. I'm also thinking about selling Maggie the Miata. While it breaks my heart to do so, I am not sure that continually putting her in storage and not allowing someone to 'let her wild horses run' is best. Although I don't know what will be required to sell her, I think I am dreading that and my emotional attachment is what has prevented me from selling thus far. Well we'll see what happens ~ who knows!

We are coming to the end of our Mexican stint ~ we only have 2 cruises left and I leave on the repositioning cruise. It is amazing to realize just how fast the time goes.

Anyway, I have uploaded photos from Zihuatenaho and Puerto Vallarta from ages ago, and will write more tomorrow... Now that I have extra time in the office while I wait for the audit to finish!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home