Carrie's Adventures

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Final call for Hawaii ~ Honolulu

The final port was Honolulu. The extent of my Hawaiian experience prior to this cruise was flying though Honolulu on my way home from Melbourne and the 1 hour stop over in the airport. As expected from the capital of the state Honolulu was a much bigger city than the other 3 ports we had visited. This is very alluring for the shoppers. Akis was looking forward to making sure that he got in some shopping time, I was concerned about spending my time looking at a mall instead of the sites. We compromised and spent a few hours in the morning shopping.

So after we had made our purchases, Akis and I headed back to the ship ~ actually, I was grumpy not wanting to spend all the time in the mall, but we managed to make it out of the ship back towards the beach by 2pm. Akis took me to Waikiki Beach. We played in the water, took in some sun and enjoyed the scenery.





At the end of the afternoon we took a wander along the strip and checked out the shops. We found the second oldest hotel in Hawaii ~ and it looks stunning... The oldest one on the island is Pink ~ not sure about the colour but I guess you go with it.


Still on the hunt for the 'ring' we wandered through a number of stores and Akis was disappointed that we didn't find one. He had wanted me to go back to Vancouver/Southampton with a ring to be able to show everyone. Alas, we are still looking. Guess this is what I get for being picky!

We finished up having dinner at a restaurant on the pier. We were lucky that we had an 11pm departure which allowed us to make the most of the day. Good thing Vancouver is close to Hawaii ~ I think Akis and I will be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home