Carrie's Adventures

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Tickets home

Drama, drama, drama. As you know, I tend to travel a LOT by the seat of my pants. This means I will fly into a country without a return ticket and 'figure it out' as I go. This does afford you a certain sense of freedom to modify and alter plans, but it can also be a source of distress when things don't quite come together.

So when I left San Diego, I knew I had 2 weeks to get the return flight home. This flight proved to be a bit problematic as I was hoping not to spend a fortune. Marc suggested that I look at using a points ticket with Alaska ~ he had it all mapped out, but unfortunately the ticket was for 10:15am and there was no way that I would be able to make sure I was off the ship and at the airport for then. So the hunt for the ticket began. As it turns out, I bought a ticket home on Alaska and it may be a good thing that it is a fully refundable ticket. The ship is currently heading back and is maxed out at 17 knots with the weather and the engines. Apparently we need 19 knots to make it back to San Diego in time. As such, it looks like a late arrival is going to be inevitable. The question is how late. Ah, as always, never a dull moment when travelling with Carrie. I just felt bad for those at Guest Relations who had to deal with all the guests and getting their tickets rearranged. Good thing I had advanced notice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home