Carrie's Adventures

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Puerto Vallarta

I recall my first visit to Puerto Vallarta ~ it was 2004 and Beth and I managed to get an amazing deal as it was 'shoulder' season. We spend the week lounging in the pool, drinking the all included drinks and one night ventured into town. I remember her and I having dinner and she was pointing out where the ship docks saying that you see the ship out there while you are in town having lunch and try to forget that you need to return ~ in 30 minutes...

I went to lunch the other day at a restaurante recommended by Karene (HR lady from Class/Active). Irony of it was the person I was with was the HR Manager onboard and she is also an avid pasta fan. Anyway, looking out over the water, Julia (no, not Julie, Julia...) commented on how you could see the ship from here ~ and could you imagine watching it sail away. Funny how you have the same conversation with different people!

So I took the photos a while ago when I was out wandering the streets on my own. I must say that this is one of the favourites. Unlike Acapulco, it isn't as dirty and somehow seems more inviting. The walkway along the beach while quaint, still doesn't scream ~ come and swim, but I have gotten over that and realize my swimming is going to have to wait for Greece I think.



There are a number of folks who make their living by sculpting in the sand. The one below was the only one on the beach the other day, but it is quite amazing to see him work. He has lost the lower part of his left leg and moves around the sculpture on crutches. He has a 'water boy' who constantly mists the work of art to prevent it from crumbling in the Mexican heat ~ hmmm, do you think I could find a water boy of my own?!? Anyway, I think what he does is quite amazing and I am not one for handing out money to buskers ~ but he definitely got a few dollars.







Food ~ while Beth and I were here, I fell in love with the fresh Salsa. Nothing can beat the fresh tomatoes, cilantro and jalapeno peppers. Beth and I could have lived on it. So every opportunity I get to go and have a wee 'appetizer' I do. I do remember once being presented however with something that looked like Pace Salsa ~ the shock was almost more than I could bear! What is this? Prepared Salsa? In Mexico? Anyway, I love the open air restaurants and it seems that no matter where you go, you are able to sit, relax and generally just chill out. Something I am looking forward to now that someone else is the boss!!!



1 Comments:

  • At 6:00 AM, Blogger Bethy said…

    You can swim in our pool at the Villa in Phuket.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home