Carrie's Adventures

Thursday, June 01, 2006

The last night in the Crew Bar...

I often stay away from the Crew bar on the last night of my contract... Knowing that I need to fly the next day, I prefer not to indulge knowing that flying hung over can be a dreadful experience. That said, we decided to go one night earlier and raise a glass. Here's to the folks I will miss from the Mercury!


Stef (left) and Panos (right). Stef kept me entertained. I must say that for needing to step out of a manager role back to being an assistant, he was definitely good to work with. He constantly came into the office and entertained both Nadine and I with the antics from the previous evening. Only trouble with that ~ my life sounded so boring compared to his!! Panos, while he was only on board for a couple of days, I did meet him in January when he was on Infinity with Akis and also received a great deal of support from him during my time on Constellation. Poor guy however is now without an assistant and I am sure he is running like crazy!


Lucille and Bush ~ Two of the easiest going people I have met. Bush took on the position of CFM Welfare and now supports us staff with the daily things that make our life better, like our DVDs and mail!


Javier ~ Our financial controller. Never ceased to put a smile on my face as he came to name the whole Mercury experience 'the circus'. A man who has been on ships before and has his share of battle stories, he never ceased to amaze me with either the antics of his staff, or when he was paged over the PA system to go to the Captain's office (I was sure you were fired that day...) or twisting my arm for just another Corona. I definitely hope that our paths cross again...


Nadine ~ gosh, what more can I say about this lady... I did get an email from her and she did manage to get off the ship! Good on you. But I do know that my days would not have been nearly as enjoyable without her around. And yes Nadine, we did work with good people.


Cosmin ~ yes, the doctor and I did make up. Although I still let him know every chance I got that they were bed bugs, not allergies!!


And of course the regular Crew Bar crowd... God love the Canadians!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home